Manager, Marketing % Media Services
UMKC, one of four of the University of Missouri campuses, is a doctoral research-intensive public university offering traditional and interdisciplinary programs and serving approximately 14,500 students. The University is well positioned to address the demands of the times in a dynamic city that deserves and requires the benefits that accrue from a strong public university.
The University of Missouri-Kansas City has a broad and inclusive educational mission with specific emphasis in three areas: visual and performing arts, health and life sciences, and urban affairs. UMKC's unique profile includes the College of Arts and Sciences and Schools of Education, Nursing, Business and Public Administration, Medicine, Law, Computing and Engineering, Biological Sciences, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and the Conservatory of Music and Dance.
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity and multiculturalism and strives to create a welcoming environment where faculty and staff feel valued for their contribution. The successful candidate will have a genuine enthusiasm for students and the University.
The Vice Chancellor of Marketing and Communications is looking for a Manager of Marketing & Media Services to direct the activities of the marketing and communications team at the School of Medicine. This manager will oversee the team produces communication and marketing materials in print and online for the School of Medicine and its clinical departments. These services also include the design and maintenance of multiple School of Medicine related websites including General Medical Education. The ideal candidate will demonstrate significant supervisory experience in leading creative teams to collaboratively produce first-rate content for communications and marketing needs, on time and on budget.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Develop, plan, direct, implement and evaluate a schoolwide strategic communications and marketing plan anchored in the vision and goals of the School of Medicine and in support of overall UMKC marketing and communications goals.
· Provide oversight and leadership to the professional entities within School of Medicine in the development of official websites, publications, view books, electronic catalogs and other materials.
· Collaborate with University Communications and other campus counterparts – the Director of Media Relations and Marketing Manager, among others -- on communications, advertising and promotions in print, broadcast and digital outlets to further School of Medicine initiatives.
· Partner with the University Communications brand manager to ensure communications materials meet branding guidelines.
· Mediate and resolve disputes regarding web production deadlines or design. Determine web priorities based on School of Medicine/departmental priorities.
· Establish database of School of Medicine history, accomplishments, and initiatives to use in consistent communication messages.
· Supervise a team of editors, photographers, web administrators and a graphic designer in the production of communications materials, including interviewing, selecting, training, evaluating and disciplining. Assist all staff in solving production problems.
· Collaborate with Clinical Department Chairs to produce communications materials and departmental websites.
· Develop and administer department budget to include financial and productivity reporting.
· Develop staff through routine staff meeting, regular one-on-one meetings and training. Oversee training of staff to ensure compliance with University policies.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations or related area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and ability can be acquired is necessary.
Seven years of communications/marketing experience, including experience in supervisory roles.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
UMKC offers affordable medical and dental plans (no waiting periods), 403(b) savings plan, tuition assistance (75% of educational fees paid for enrollment at University of Missouri), and University paid long-term disability and life insurance benefits. Salary range starts at $43,347, and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Application Deadline: May 14, 2012. Apply online: www.umkc.edu/jobs. It is the fundamental policy of UMKC to provide equal opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, Veteran status or disability status in all education, employment and contracted activities. All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a Criminal Background Check prior to beginning employment.
|Reference :||Hispanic Chamber|
|Contract type :||Full Time Employee|
|Job(s) available(s) :||1|
|Experience required :||5-10 Years|
|Education level required :||Bachelor's Degree|
|Working place :||UMKC-Kansas City, MO|
|Weekly working duration :||Permanent|
|Job beginning on :||05/21/2012|
|Creation date :||05/07/2012|