HVAC Specialist – IRC111497
The Heating and Air Conditioning Specialist performs various duties related to the operation and maintenance of equipment used for heating, cooling, refrigeration, compressed air, vacuum systems & chemical treatment systems. The Heating and Air Conditioning Specialist operates a PC to control, troubleshoot, monitor equipment and purchase supplies.
In this role, you will operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair: fans and motors and air delivery components, refrigeration equipment and chillers, gas-fired boilers and steam system components, pumps and piping, air compressors & vacuum systems and pneumatic controls. The Heating and Air Conditioning Specialist will also install, diagnose trouble shoot and repair electrical starters, motors & control circuits. The Heating and Air Conditioning Specialist conducts various repairs to motors and pumps, prioritizes and performs emergency repairs of HVAC equipment.
Some overtime is required (off-shift, weekend and holiday). The hours to be worked are 7:00 – 3:30 PM on normal week days and 7:00 to 3:00 PM on Sat and Sunday. Shift is Saturday- Wednesday.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or in the application fields. Preferred file types are: doc, docx, pdf, htm and html. Accepted also are: txt, pdt, xls, mov, jpg, swf, mp3, and zip. No other file types accepted.
To apply for these or other positions with Hallmark, please go to https://hrdirect.hallmark.com/OA_HTML/IrcVisitor.jsp? If this link does not work for you, visit www.hallmark.com/careers. Then click on “Search Jobs”. Click on Search Headquarters and Manufacturing Jobs in the middle of the page. In keywords enter the vacancy number. The letters “IRC” must precede the numbers (i.e:XXXXX). If you do not see a job currently open for which you are interested and/or for which you are qualified, please register so you can receive notifications directly as openings in your area of interest become available.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate must have to be considered:
· High School diploma or GED.
· Work experience as follows:
1. Two years’ experience in diagnostic & repair of heating and cooling equipment OR one and a half years’ experience PLUS a passing grade/certification from formal academic training in the Commercial HVAC field in the following classes:
· Electricity for HVAC/R Technician
· Principles of Heating, Ventilation &A/C
· Fundamentals of Refrigeration
· Blueprint Reading, Electrical
· Stationary Engineering
· Commercial Heating/Cooling
· Commercial Refrigeration
· Industrial Electronic Principles
2. AND One year experience in the areas of electrical, plumbing, electronics, HVAC controls (DDC) and/ Or pneumatic) AND mechanical equipment (fans, motors, pumps) operation and repair.
· Experience with a PC-IBM platform in Windows.
· Experience in the installation, programming and troubleshooting of building automation control Direct Digital Controls (DDC) components and software.
· Current Universal EPA refrigerant certification.
· Have a valid driver’s license.
· No more than two moving violations in the last three year period. No violations associated with the use of drugs or alcohol in the last 5 years while operating a vehicle or equipment.
· Ability to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 20 pounds constantly, up to 50 pounds frequently and lift up to 100 pounds occasionally.
· Ability to climb and work from a ladder, performing duties above the head.
· Ability to stand, walk and kneel on hard surfaces for up to the full work day.
· Experience in the use of refrigerant reclamation and recycling equipment.
· Experience in the operation and maintenance of commercial boilers.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED-ideal candidate will have:
· Knowledge of the physical layout of the Headquarters facility (internal candidates only).
· Initiative, be able to work alone or as part of a team.
· Excellent customer service.
· Ability to constructively consult.
In the role, you will be required to operate a company car and equipment. You must be willing to work in dirty, greasy, dusty, noisy and hot or cold environments.
You must have the ability to and be willing to work overtime (off-shift, weekends, and holidays) as needed.
|Reference :||Hispanic Chamber|
|Contract type :||Full Time Employee|
|Job(s) available(s) :||1|
|Experience required :||1-2 Years|
|Education level required :||GED|
|Wage :||depending on experience|
|Working place :||Hallmark|
|Weekly working duration :||permanent|
|Job beginning on :||06/18/2012|
|Creation date :||06/05/2012|